Sustiva Rash - how bad is bad?

I have been on Truvada + Sustiva for about 16 days. On day 11, my body started developing a rash, first on my chest, and now it covers my entire body except my face. The rash is pink and flat, no blistering. I'm taking two XYZAL and a chlorpheniramine to ease the itching. Although my doc would like to switch me out of Sustiva right away, I was hoping to ride it out for another week to see if the rash resolves. He agreed and I will be seeing him in two days to revisit the decision. Meanwhile, I'm monitoring to see if the rash develops on my face or in my mouth. Am I doing the right thing?

Rash due to efavirenz can be seen in up to 25% of patients. For most it is mild/moderate and can be treated through with symptom management and close observation as you are doing. KH

Feeling Weak A LOT
NEED HELP