Missed doses

I have been on combivir and trizivir for two years, and had a very good response even though I was drinking alcohol. Recently i had my health insurance curtailed and have had no drugs for three weeks. can I have restarted the same combinations will I definately get drug-resistance. If so what are the symptoms.

Whether Trizivir (not used much in US currently) would work after 3 weeks off treatment depends on a number of factors. Was your viral load undetectable prior to stopping, do you have any history of prior resistance, are other drugs available to you, and what is your peak and current viral load and resistance picture (if those tests can be performed where you live and can be run depending on insurance situation). In some situations the Trizivir could be restarted with an OK response but I would want more data if possible and usually would use a different regimen (such as a boosted PI or NNRTI or raltegravir based regimen) depending on the details of the situation. KH

Am i in serious Health Danger?
Loose stools, acne and hair fall.