Side Effects of ART

I have been on ART now for 9yrs I have developed sunken cheeks and my Doctor recomended a change in the medicene I was taking now for about 4 months but still the problem is not improving, is there a medicine that I would be taking to improve the situation?

What to expect regarding fat loss in the setting of HIV infection is a complicated matter. Details about what your old regimen was, what is your new regimen, your age, time with HIV, your lowest CD4 count, family facial fat distribution with aging (genetics) all can play a role in fat changes on treatment. In severe cases stopping an offending medication (such as stavudine or zidovudine) may stabilize but not reverse the fat loss. Gains in fat can be very slow if they occur taking years. In the US facial injections/plastic surgery is utilized for severe cases though cost can be a limiting factor. KH

Changed regime
Atripla and bone