Changed regime

Dear Doctor

Since I have been trying to fall pregnant, I requested my physician to change my regime. I am now on Nevaripine & Truvada, I was on Stocrine & Truvada. It has been 3 months since I changed over and I have just had my CD4& Viral load checked and to my surprise my CD4 has dropped from 500 to 300 and the viral is still undetected. Should I be concerned? I also am not quite sure how I'm suppose to take the Nevirepine tablets. I'm suppose to take two tablets(200mg) a day. I have been taking one in the morning and one at night or should I be taking the two tablets together? please help.

Your nevirapine based regimen is preferred for women trying to get pregnant. The twice a day dosing is recommended for now. The key test regarding effectiveness of an HIV regimen is the viral load so since your viral level is still undetectable I would be confident that the drugs are working. The CD4 count is highly variable-I would expect future CD4 counts to be better in most cases. KH

mild cardiomegally and atripla
Side Effects of ART