Osteoporosis and Lower GFR

Bad news. I have a diagnosis of osteoporosis with lumbar -3.7 and hip -2.2. Started Calcium/Vit D supps in December, but these results were from March 1. Also, my GFR is down to 55, was over 60 in August.

My doc wants to change Truvada to Epzicom, after blood test to check for the genetic incompatibility, to deal with the osteoporosis issues by getting rid of Tenofovir and the kidney issues from the emtricitabine.

I'm starting Fosamax, will increase excercise and up my testosterone supplement (testosterone was over 500 however)...

Do you feel this is the right approach? I've been on Truvada/Reyataz/Norvir since 2005. Always viral load undetectable, Cd4s 644, nadir 350, and i'm 49 years old.

What are the chances of improving kidney function and bone density?

With those interventions I would expect the bone density to stabilize and likely approve. Looking for other causes (parathroid problmes for example) is also worth considering for some patients. Switching off tenofovir, proper dosing for lamivudine may help stabilize renal function. Assessment/treatment for other causes (such as hypertension) is also important. KH

Meds Question.
cd4 and cd8 ratio while on Arv's