Meds Question.

Hi, I am currently on 3 Hiv meds, 1 Truvada, 1 Norvir and 2 Prezista once a day for the last 5 months. My side effects have been extremely difficult to handle and so has my DR telling me that these meds don't cause the side effects of intense dizziness that has destroyed my quality of life everyday. I am in the process of changing my DR but in the mean time would like some advice on what HIV drug causes the least side effects hopefully some that do not cause dizziness and vertigo. Other effects I am suffering with are constant tiredness, nausea, vomiting and diareha. Please help, I am miserable and need some advice also let me know If you have heard of anyone else having the intense dizziness as I know that Norvir and Truvada have dizziness listed in their side effects on drugs.com. Thanks for any way you can help, Larry Melwood

I have had generally good results with your regimen. Perhaps 5-10% of patients have had annoying side effects (most often diarrhea and stomach complaints, rarely nausea or dizziness). If you have no prior history of resistance then you have numerous options to consider to switch to. The Truvada could be switched to Epzicom (if HLA B5701 negative). The Prezista could be switched to atazanavir, saquinavir, fosamprenavir, lopinavir but more often the problem for patients is the ritonavir. The boosted protease inhibitor portion of your regimen could be switched to a NNRTI (efavirenz, etravirine, or nevirapine), an integrase inhibtitor (raltegravir), or a CCR5 attachment inhibitor (Maraviroc) depending on past treatment history/resistance situation. There can be other non-HIV or treatment causes for your complaints as well as a good clinical assessment is also recommended. KH

which Diseases cause by Hiv?
Osteoporosis and Lower GFR