Atripla side effects:does changing the time reduce efficacy

Hi Keith, I am on atripla as a PEP for a condom break incident while having sex with a sex worker(her status is unknown).The incident freaked me out and I immediately withdrew my penis.There was no ejaculation involved and the condom had broken just when the penetrative sex had been initiated.

My Dr.had asked me to take Atripla an hour before meals(before lunch).But I found it difficult to cope with the side effects and so I started taking it just before I go to bed(after dinner).Will it affect the efficacy of the drug??

About 2 weeks after the exposure,while I was still on PEP I had a sore throat,some muscle pain and fatigue.No fever or rashes.Are these symptoms of seroconversion/acute HIV infection or just the side effects of Atripla.The fatigue and muscle pain have subsided since I changed my timing of taking atripla.But the sore throat still persists.I'm really worried that I've been infected.Help me.Plz.

It is actually recommended to take Atripla before bedtime on an empty stomach to decrease rate of side effects so that change in timing you describe is OK. The symptoms you describe (including sore throat) are non specific and do not generally signal HIV infection in situations such as yours. KH

When to test after finishing PEP
Lymph Nodes and Sore Throat