|When to test after finishing PEP
Feb 28, 2011
Hey Keith, when should one get tested after finishing the PEP course ? Is it true that if one gets infected with HIV(i.e.the sero conversion has started and antibodies have been developed)and the person is on PEP,the antibody test will be positive. Can the seroconversion be delayed by the PEP or a 3 month test after the PEP course gets over can be taken as conclusive.
| Response from Dr. Henry
Data is still limited on the effect of PEP on time if measureably HIV antibodies for the small subset of patients actually infected with HIV. My practice has been to test at 1, 3, and 6 months after PEP has been finished (hopefully risk reduction behavior being used to avoid another high risk HIV exposure). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Balls After Touching Precum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Mucous In Stool Be An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.