Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

follow up on Herpes and side effects of Viraday:New Developments
Feb 24, 2011

Hi Keith, Thanks for your answer to my previous question.It sure put my worries to rest for the meanwhile.However,last night(day 18th after the suspected exposure)I've developed a sore throat and some nasal blockage(at times running nose).Do I need to get worried??I haven't missed a single dose of my PEP.Also on the night of the exposure the condom broke just during my second thrust/attempt of penetrating the vagina.I immediately withdrew the penis.I did not indulge in any further sexual contact with the sex worker after that.There was no ejaculation. Thanks a lot for answering my queries.Here in India,I've hardly found people to share my concerns.Thanks again.

Response from Dr. Henry

Your throat complaints would unlikely be due to your HIV regimen-chances to become HIV infected from 2nd condom break would likely be considerably less if you are already taking antiretrovirals. KH

Previous
Fat distribution with Prezista
Next
i just started to take spirulina today and wondering

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.