norvir

I was on kaletra for about 7 years, and I started getting sick pain in stomach and throwing up,and weak I told my doctor she told me that I was making myself sick. I am a person I take my meds regularly, I had to go to the er that's how bad my pain was.Then I was force to take myself off she was angry and change the meds to norvir and prezista now I'm having the same problem again.I'm on truvada too. tell me what shall I do.

You may be one of the 10% or so of patients who have a major problem tolerating ritonavir (Norvir) usually due to stomach/GI disturbances. Taking the meds with a meal, anti nausea meds, and other interventions might help. If you dont have any known drug resistance then switching the ritonavir/darunavir to a NNRTI (such as nevirapine or efavirenz or etravirine) or to raltegravur are options. If your viral level is suppressed switching the Truvada to Epzicom and the ritonavir/darunavir (Prezista) to atazanavir might be an option (if HLA B701 negative). KH

change from atripla to viraday
I Can't lose weight