cd4 and viral loud going up.

I have been on atripla for almost 5 months and just got the results of my last viral count. My cd4 was at 350 and went up to 366 and my viral load was at 100 and went up to 126 in the past month. Is this cause for alarm? My friend told me it could be due to stress or sleep or maybe even diet. My doctor told me that it may be a mistake in the lab work or the virus is becoming immune to the medication that I am on. Please let me know if the jump back and forth on a cd4 and viral load count is normal??

CD4 count is quite variable so tough to make much out of those modest changes. Low level virus counts (< 200 for example) is a topic of much interest. Importance depends on trend over time, which assay is being used (seems to be more common with TaqMan assay), which drugs, past treatment history and whether resistance has been documented. In our clinic we have had a number of patients with low levels of virus (such as yours) and in general they have done well but we watch what happens carefully (become more concerned if HIV level increased >> 200-500). KH

2 min with wife
Switching from Norvir/truvada/Prezista combo to Atripla