|2 min with wife
Feb 15, 2011
Hi doc, yesterday night out of excitement and love I had unprotected sex for almost 2 minutes with my wife, she is negative and I am +ve since past 5 years and on medicine since past 2 and half year, medicine are working well on me with present cd4 is 504. Please tell me is there any risk for her. And when should you advice to do check up for confirm report. Is 2 minutes are enough to transmit the virus. Please help.
| Response from Dr. Henry
Odds for transmission of HIV from one vaginal sexual encounter from HIV+ male to HIV- female when make is doing well on HIV treatment is very low (likely << 1% risk). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Condom Leak Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Psoriasis After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Runny Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.