do HIV meds adversely affect vein health or access? (HIV + hemophilia)

My husband, with severe hemophilia, began HIV meds in 1997. He requires daily self infusions of clotting factor to treat his severe hemophilia. In this past year, his veins have simply stopped allowing venous access - not just at usual access sites, but his entire vein system. He can 'find' and access a vein easily, but within seconds blood return stops, the vein stops access. We're at a loss to explain this systemic reaction other than to suspect HIV meds. He was told once before by a hematologist this was the case. Perhaps specific classes? His regime has been Isentress and Truvada for two years now. PICC pr PORT line suggestions aside, have you heard of this? Suggestions to improve vein health? Thank you so much for prompt attention to this life threatening mater/concern.

Frequent infusions and blood draws over a lifetime is hard on the veins of many patients making venous access frequently a challenge. I have not observed that venous access appears to be a problem caused by HIV medications (20+ years of HIV med use in thousands of patients) including for Truvada/Isentress so I would be very surprised if the problem you describe is due directly to the HIV meds. KH

This is continuation mail regarding PPTCT Option
2 min with wife