Probiotics & HIV Medicatons?

I seem to go back and forth between constipation and IBS, even before I was HIV+ and on medications. Now it seems even worse. I have tried Metamucil for regularity and it does help but it's hard to regulate the effective dosage daily and weekly. I want to try a probiotic (I was thinking of Culturelle) but am not sure if it interferes with HIV meds (I'm on Truvada and Viramune) or not. Has there been any research on this? I would like to try the probiotic but of course not if it is going to jeopardize the effectiveness of my HIV meds.

Not much published research. I have had numerous patients try various probiotic products on regimens similar to yours. I have not observed nor would I generally suspect a major problem (inform your HIV doc so that he/she can monitor). The hoped for benefit from the probiotics are variably achieved and not as dramatic as many of the anecdotal reports suggest. KH

HIV Treatment & Lipodystrophy
Alternative to Diarrhea by Aluvia?