Small bumps on body with Atripla

Hi Dr. Henry,

I was diagnosed with HIV in May 2009 and started treatment in April 2010. Today I have a CD4 of 700 and an undetectable viral load. Despite tolerating Atripla very well since starting the regimen, I have noticed I have small pronounced raised skin (almost looks like bumps) on my stomach and sides of my body. My doctor has taken a look at this and has said that he doesn't think it is serious due to the fact that the bumps do not itch or cause me pain. However, it has become more of a cosmetic issue at this stage.

First, do you have any advisement on what this could be? Second, do you know of any dermatologists who specialize in HIV in the New York City area?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Don't have an HIV-experienced dermatologist in NYC I can suggest-readers are welcome to post a recommendation. Common causes of skin problems in HIV+ persons doing well include ezcema, seborrhea, and folliculitis--proper diagnosis by even a regular dermatologist can be very helpful. Rarely related directly to either the Atripla or HIV in situation like you describe. KH

Why Am I Hot All The Time ?
can i take 14 day acai berry clense weight loss flush with arv?