isentress or 2 pi?

Do you think a starting regime (without having results of resistance) with isentress plus truvada would be better than truvada plus 2 pi? would it be agressive enough? my VL is 138.000, my cd4 230, so i really need something good and fast to kick the virus. i'd rather take isentress since i've heard side effects are mild, but is it really true? please answer soon i have to take the decision on monday! thanks a lot!

In the absence of any resistance a raltegravir based regimen should compare favorably to a protease inhibitor based regime. The PI based regimen would be dosed once daily and has a higher barrier to resistance while the raltegravir generally should be dosed twice daily, has a lower barrier to resistance, but usually has milder side effects. I dont advise starting until resistance results have returned in most cases. Either choice overall is reasonable for many patients as is an efavirenz based regimen in the absence of resistance. KH

Atripla and African Mango diet
Why Am I Hot All The Time ?