Red blotchiness on my arms and legs

I have been on Atripla for a couple years now. this past summer I Noticed red blotches on the undersides of my arms and legs. sometimes it itches a little but not severely in anyway. I showed my doctor who is an HIV specialist but he didn't really have an answer for me as to what it is. I get a printout of possible side effects with my prescription every time I refill and it mentions rashes as a possible side effect. Could this be what it is? I otherwise feel fine. I tolerate the Atripla much better than the three meds I was on before. Viread, Epivir and Viramune. Without a tan the blotches really show! Thanks William in Seattle

It would be very unusual for a localized rash to develop in the areas you describe that would be due to the Atripla after 1+ years of use without such a rash. Those areas are often involved in rashes due to rubbing, overheating, excessive dryness, exposure to chemical irritants, folliculitis, and/or fungal infections. often an assessment by a dermatologist can identify the likely cause and thus lead to a targeted intervention. KH

CD4 count drop
Male Yeast infection and HIV