Buffalo hump and injectable Egrifta
Jan 28, 2011
Is there any research on using the new injectable drug Egrifta to correct body fat gain in the back of the neck. It has proven to be effective on stomach fat.
Response from Dr. Henry
Egrifta (growth hormone releasing factor) has some benefit in decreasing intra-abdominal fat seen in the setting of HIV-associated lipodystrophy. Its effect on buffalo hump somewhat less clear delineated but there has been some benefit there as well. The drug has been approved in the US though is expensive and the benefits wane when stopped. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Mouth After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- A Wet Clear Vaginal Discharge
- Alphabetical List Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Can A Vaginal Cyst Cause Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- What Are Vaginal Odor, Dizziness, Headache And Diarrhea Signs Of?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.