DOUBLE HIP OPERATION AVASCULAR NICROSIS

HI I HAVE HAD 2 FULL HIP REPLACEMENTS DUE TO AVASCULAR NECROSIS AND NOW MY DOC WANTS TO STOP MY TRUVADA AND JUST KEEP ME ON KALETRA 2 IN MRNING AND 2 EVENING' IS THIS A WISE MOVE? DOES TRUVADA PLAY A ROLE IN NECROSIS? SHOULD I EXPECT TO BE ILL DUE TO NOT TAKING THE TRUVADA? MY CD4 IS AT 388 THE HIGHEST ITS BEEN IN 5YRS PLEASE ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED THANX

The potential contribution of the tenofovir in avascular necrosis is unclear to me. Checking for any signs of more generalized bone disease (DEXA scan, bone turnover markers) or renal disease is worth considering to determine if there is evidence for possible toxicity from tenofovir. High triglycerides (can be partially related to the Kaletra), high of steroids, smoking, and other non-HIV factors can contribute to the risk for avascular necrosis. Kaletra monotherapy has been studied in patients without much underlying resistance and often works OK but not quite as well as continuing more standard therapy. Alternatives to Truvada to consider would include Epzicom, Combivir, raltegravir, or even maraviroc. KH

Natural conception possible? My doc said yes!
Azithomycin Diarrhea