Is Morning Lightheadiness a side effect of Atripla?

Hi Doc, I have been on Atripla for 2 months with really no bad side effects, except after waking up I have this feeling in my head, lightheadiness and it feels like I have a hat on my head, it's wierd! I have to sit for about 5 min. then it goes away.

Morning lightheadedness as you describe can be due to the efavirenz in Atripla. For some that might diminish further with more time but after two months many patients would be stuck with some degree of that problems. Switching to a different dosing time or changing the efavirenz to an alternative drug (ie raltegravir or a boosted protease inhibitor for example depending on background resistance and treatmetn history) would be worth considering if that complaint remains annoying to you. KH

Reducing Dose Of Truvada?
Natural conception possible? My doc said yes!