Weight gain!

I started HIV medications of Truvada, Norvir, and Prezista about 2 years ago. Since then I have gained almost 50 lbs. I still eat the same foods and exercise weekly. Is the weight gain because of the medication? And if so, are there other medications that I could possibly change to that would help me keep the weight off?

Many patients gain weight when starting effective HIV treatment (almost no matter what the regimen) though more typically 8-10 pounds. Some of that weight gain is a return to health. 50 pound weight gain is excessive and generally not good for overall health. A nutrition and exercise assessment is suggested as is clinical evaluation for hormonal/genetic/stress status to examine factors that could contribute to weight gain. KH

fat under chin??
PEP LONG TERM SIDE EFFECTS