Apprehensive about moving overseas
Jan 12, 2011
I am HIV positive(diagnosed a month ago) but may have had the infection for about 1o years now. CD4 count 132 and viral load 200. I am moving from Southern Africa to go and study in the UK and am rather apprehensive about the cold weather. What precautions should i take? Am currently on Truvada and Efavirenz
Response from Dr. Henry
HIV care generally excellent in the UK and thought the weather may be at times damp and chilly that should have no effect on your overall health or HIV situation. Getting proper vaccinations for travel and general health maintenance assessment recommended for travelers. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Catch AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Can Genital Warts Cause Death?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.