Lipodystrophy and the omentum

Egrifta is too new to really know whether many people will benefit. What I've read seems doubtful.

Another procedure is an outright Omentectomy, removal of the visceral fat layer. I wonder if there are any medically justifiable situations (other than cancer) that would allow for the removal of this layer or whether it's even advisable.

I've had lipodystrophy for years - I hide it well, but I'm sick of people making comments about my belly. It hurts my feelings and makes me self conscious. Despite my exercising and diet control, it doesn't really do much for it.

One of my doctors suggested that it might be difficult to get an insurance company to pay for an MRI to scan that region to see the actual fat buildup. Is this something you've seen before?

I believe the buildup is affecting my bowel movements and possibly affecting my diaphragm. But we wouldn't really know until we had a scan done.

Have you heard of anyone having an Omentectomy for this reason?

Thank you.

The intra-abdominal fat seen with lipodystrophy is widely distributed so not sure if removing the omentum would have much of an effect. If any reader knows of a study or has experience with that please post.KH

HIV
having a baby