Lipitor&Lexiva,what side effects on lower extremeties?

I am experiencing severe spasms in one leg and I am wondering does the combination of the Lipitor with Lexiva play a role in this? I've already been to emergency room and talked to my primary care(stopped with the Lipitor)> Need advise!

Statins can cause muscle irritation and damage. The risk may be increased with certain statins and protease inhibitors since the latter can result in higher blood levels of some statins. Often there would be an increase in blood levels of muscle enzymes if the statin was causing a muscle problem. it would be somewhat unusual but still possible for the muscle problem due to a statin to be localized to one area of the body (ie one leg). I would recommend a clinical evaluation for nerve/blood supply status for the involved leg. KH

HIV Treatment & Methamphetamine and GHB
HIV