HIV Treatment & Methamphetamine and GHB

Hi Doctor, I am taking Combivir and Stocrin on a daily basis, if there is any problem if I smoke Crystal Meth (Methamphetamine) and take GHB once a while? Is there any interaction to the HIV regimen that I take? I like the party, but would really nice to know if I should stop taking it, I havent felt any side effect so far, however I would prefer to receive a response from a specialist. Thanks,

Good drug interaction data is lacking. Stocrine (efavirenz) is metabolized in the liver so there is a chance for an adverse drug interaction between either the efavirenz and/or crystal meth or GHB (liquid ectasy). There are scattered reports of serious even fatal overdoses but not possible to draw any firm conclusions from the limited data. Use of street drugs such as crystal meth and GHB has been associated with decrease in drug adherence, increased rates of unsafe sex or drug use, increased risk for violence, and increase in other health problems (such as cardiac). You should inform your HIV provider so you can be observed for any unusual health problems. KH

Bronchopnuemonia
Lipitor&Lexiva,what side effects on lower extremeties?