blackened toe nails and loss of
Jan 1, 2011
What causes this. thank you
Response from Dr. Henry
The most common cause of a black toe nail is a rupture of a blood vessel under the toe nail often due to injury or running. Fungal infections can also cause dark coloration of the toe nail, In unusual cases other diseases (such as a melanoma) can be present so an evaluation by a clinician/podiatrist is advised in persistent or unusual cases. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Itchy Rash Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Fatigue A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Itchy Skin After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling Lips After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.