Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hiv Erectrition failure +low cd4 +weght constant
Dec 29, 2010

Hi Doc, i am 49 years old and i am on ART Med for 2.5years now,when i tested my cd4 was 1,weght 62kgs,i tested last month my cd4 is now 83 and weight +-72kgs,i have not tested for viral load,will low cd4 and viral load cause a erection failure?what can i eat to boost my imune hence cd4,i am maried,my wife is complaining big time about sex, Yours stressed, Wilson

Response from Dr. Henry

Ideally an viral load (HIV level) and resistance should be done to assess the effectivness of your current regimen. Impotence in setting of HIV infection is common. Stress, nerve dysfuntion, low levels of testosterone, other medical conditions (blood pressure and diabetes for example), side effects of other drugs or HIV drugs--all can contribute to erection problems. An evaluation by your HIV doc and/or primary care provider is recommended. Use of condoms is still generally advised in most settings particularly if you may have virologic failure and a resistant virus since a resistant virus can be transmitted to sexual partners. KH

Previous
Drug interactions?
Next
Stocrin resistance ? Viral load detectable ?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.