Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

protocol prezista norvir isentress
Dec 29, 2010

My nephew who is 35 has been diagnosed positive in feb through a severe primo-infection. CD4 counts stabilized around 450 and viral load 250 000/300 000 while percentage CD4/Total has fallen down to 16% in november. he lives in Paris and I pushed him hard to take meds. His hospital in Paris (a well known one) has propoesed him to be included in a new protocol that tests the association of Prezista Norvir and Isentress on naive patients compare with prezista norvir truvada. I have been chose for the isentress arm. After three weeks viral load came from 270 000 to 500 and CD4 up to 680. Have you heard anything negative about this combination ? what is the risk of body fat issues such as loosing fat on legs and face and getting fatter belly ? Thanks for your kind help.

Response from Dr. Henry

The study you are in seems very reasonable. Treatment with ritonavir/darunavir + raltegravir merits study -data is understandably limited at this point in time (so little in way of personal experience or published data) but the metabolic/fat impact of that regimen would be expected to compare well to other good regimens. Good luck with your participation in the study and outcome. KH

Previous
Hosp Dr Took Me Off Combivir/Sustiva/Avandia
Next
Drug interactions?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.