protocol prezista norvir isentress

My nephew who is 35 has been diagnosed positive in feb through a severe primo-infection. CD4 counts stabilized around 450 and viral load 250 000/300 000 while percentage CD4/Total has fallen down to 16% in november. he lives in Paris and I pushed him hard to take meds. His hospital in Paris (a well known one) has propoesed him to be included in a new protocol that tests the association of Prezista Norvir and Isentress on naive patients compare with prezista norvir truvada. I have been chose for the isentress arm. After three weeks viral load came from 270 000 to 500 and CD4 up to 680. Have you heard anything negative about this combination ? what is the risk of body fat issues such as loosing fat on legs and face and getting fatter belly ? Thanks for your kind help.

The study you are in seems very reasonable. Treatment with ritonavir/darunavir + raltegravir merits study -data is understandably limited at this point in time (so little in way of personal experience or published data) but the metabolic/fat impact of that regimen would be expected to compare well to other good regimens. Good luck with your participation in the study and outcome. KH

Hosp Dr Took Me Off Combivir/Sustiva/Avandia
Drug interactions?