White fingertips blackening fingers

My wife was diagnosed with HIV about a month ago after being admitted to hospital for what turned out to be toxoplasmosis. When they did the test her CD4 came back as 55 and her viral load was over 5 million.

She has been on medication for just over a month, taking Lamivudine/Zidovudine 150/300 and Efavirenz 600 as well as pyrimethamine and azithromycin which I was told was for the toxo. It had seemed that she was making some progress as she was looking healthier. However, for the last few weeks her lips have been a little pale and now the ends of her fingers just before the nail are turning very dark almost black (she is Asian). The tips of the fingers have gone very white. She has also started complaining of increased headaches, tiredness and dizziness. The doctor here says that as we have no choice but to continue the medication that she is on we shouldn't concern ourselves with it, but it has me very worried. Could you tell us what is likely to be causing it and if there is any possible treatment that we could ask for?

Advances AIDS can be a harrowing and dangerous condition even if a patients is started on effective HIV medications and proper treatment for a diagnosed opportunistic infection. Threatening health problems from immune reconstitution, another AIDS-related infection or complication, or a non-AIDS complication (kidney, vascular, sepsis) are all concerns in a situation such as your wife is in. I hope your condition stabilized and improves. KH

my boyfriend ring-like hair lost shape and facial fatty accumulation
Heart Disease on HAART