change in meds, no change in viral load

I was on my first regimen of meds for 7 years. I was on Trizivir and virimune and had high CD4 counts (between 1000 and 1400) and low viral load (from undetectable to around 100). Over the summer my viral load started creeping up and after the Pheno/Geno test found one med in each pill was failing. I switched to Truvada, Intellence and Kaletra. After 3 weeks I had bloodwork done and my CD4s is at 1152 but my viral load is still at 350. Should I just wait to do more bloodwork in a 3 more weeks and hope the viral load drops? Or is there something else i can do to get it down?

I would wait for another 1-2 months-I would expect suppression on your new regimen in most cases depending on which NNRTI mutations your virus has exhibited and assuming you have no protease inhibitor mutations. Adding raltegravir to your regimen at least until suppressed is another option to consider. KH

HIV medication regimen change
Hip Pain