Should I start my medication?

I was informed that i'm HIV+ during the medical check in March 2010. Went for the CD4 and viral load test in April, result show CD4:286, viral load:8230 (don know the unit count).. Doc advise to start medication, but some experience fren suggest maybe trying Chinese Lingzhi and check again after 3 months. I tried and in July 2010, went for check again. Result CD4:365, viral load:9660. Doc said maybe no need to start medi right now, very misleading!!

Continue taking the Lingzhi, and this month Dec 2010, went for the test again. Viral load result will be out in 2 weeks time but the CD4 this time only 233!!

I have been dealing with flu, cough on and off for one months and so, only stop medication (cough) one day before i did the test, will this affect my CD4 and viral load count?

So, shld i start my hiv medi now?

I generally would recommend starting meds soon though not an emergency (dont need to start the week before Christmas or before a trip or a vacation or a new job for example due to external considerations). KH

fear and longevity
hiv