|hiv related esophagitis
Dec 14, 2010
HI Dr Does reflux Esophagitis means HIV +? i had an endoscopy done and have been diagnosed with it. i have had risky exposures all protected though. wondering if refulx esophagitis means hiv or hiv induced esophagitis is called Candida esophagits. please respond. can the doctor find out if its hiv related by taking a biopsy done?
thanks D Guy
| Response from Dr. Henry
Reflux esophagitis is common in the general population and is not an AIDS-defining condition. Esophagitis due to infection such as Candida is an AIDS-defining condition in HIV+ persons. Often a biopsy during endoscopy is needed to properly determine the cause of an esophageal disorder. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Urine After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Shingles After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.