Dec 14, 2010
I do not like taking meds, and sometimes I forget. So, just out of curiosity, are there any anti-viral shots available out there? Maybe taking a shot every month, rather than a pill everyday? If not, is that being considered as a topic for research?
| Response from Dr. Henry
The only HIV med currently available that is injected is Fuzeon (injected twice daiy). There are no once monthly injections HIV meds currently in the pipeline to my knowledge so for the foreseeable future HIV treatment will rely on oral medications. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Touching Broken Skin How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Unprotected Vaginal Sex And HIV Transmission Risk
- Vaginal Sex Risk Of Getting HIV
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Bleeding Gums?
- What Are The Odds Of Getting AIDS From Vaginal Fluid?
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Drinking After Someone?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.