Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

generic drugs
Nov 28, 2010

I have been HIV infected for 20 years I have been on atripla for and or sustiva now it is becoming harder to pay for my insurance and meds. Why is there not generics for these drug yet and if there are what are they. The hiv has been undetectable for years and my tee cells are 1600. but my bank account is deminished. I dont want to give up my insurance but its becoming impossible to pay for.

Response from Dr. Henry

I would ask your HIV provider if you might qualify for either ADAP/Ryan White or Pharmaceutical Patient Assistance Program. Generic HIV drugs in US are limited though in next several years several key HIV drugs will become generic so less expensive regimens might be available. KH

Previous
All It Takes Is ONE Voice - A video introduction
Next
Anxiety causing stomachache and vomiting?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.