generic drugs

I have been HIV infected for 20 years I have been on atripla for and or sustiva now it is becoming harder to pay for my insurance and meds. Why is there not generics for these drug yet and if there are what are they. The hiv has been undetectable for years and my tee cells are 1600. but my bank account is deminished. I dont want to give up my insurance but its becoming impossible to pay for.

I would ask your HIV provider if you might qualify for either ADAP/Ryan White or Pharmaceutical Patient Assistance Program. Generic HIV drugs in US are limited though in next several years several key HIV drugs will become generic so less expensive regimens might be available. KH

All It Takes Is ONE Voice - A video introduction
Anxiety causing stomachache and vomiting?