hiv and 20 years

Hello, I was told in 1988 that I was hiv positive and have tried to live a healthy life. since that day I have not told the drs. and have not been on any meds . I have had my head in for physicals and everything has been good but never been tested again. I have now been told that I have diabetes and wonder if I should say Im hiv now? I never believed in the drugs and what I saw others going through so I have never wanted to deal with being positive.I guess it is a strange thing always if not broken don't try to fix it. What should I do at this point since I have to start dealing with the diabetes.

Untreated HIV infection may increase risk for heart disease and cancer as well as typical AIDS-related problems.If you now have diabetes you may be at further increased risk for complications of diabetes with untreated HIV infection so I would recommend informing your provider to assess what if any role HIV may be playing in your health and future prognosis and whether one of the more user friendly newer HIV regimens might be a good fit for your situation. KH

SICK!
FREQUENT URINATION