diagonized as TB meningitis and started DOTS treatment in HIV +

my father is Hiv positive, his CD4 is 74, he is having severe headache and recently admitted in hospital with high fever and immediate memory loss. but now he has started ART drugs ( stauvidine + efeviarence) and DOTS treatment for TB. but still now he is having severe headache and neck stiffness. whether regimen for TB suits him or this will be cured once he continues the treatment. he is very tierd and sometimeshave vomiting sensation.Iwant to know whether he s in critical position or incurable position. I want to know whether this ART tablets and TB treatment suits him or it is due to tablet side effectss. very much worried , please give a exact clarification.

Treating severe TB and HIV/AIDS at the same time can be a challenge but numerous studies and clinical experience support the approach of aggressive TB treatment AND early/simultaneous treatment for the HIV infection. Side effects of meds and immune reconstitution sypmtoms can be a problem but overall there is a good chance for clinical improvement and survival with the combined therapy approach. I would advise trying to tough it out with symptom management to get through the early weeks /months of treatment. KH

improve cd4 count
Ubiquinol/CoQ10 and HIV