dark spots on my skin

Hi there,

I am living with HIV and have been 5 years now. I started the meds late last year, I am very healthy (with a CD4 count of 600) and exercise, but the problem I have is the dark spots that I experienced 2 years back.

I have tried everything that my dermatologist recommended but there's nothing that seems to work.

I'd like to know if you know of anything that can help my skin to be back on the colour that I was 2 years ago.

Kind regards,

A

I have seen some darkening of skin pigments in facial region is a modest number of my dark skinned (usually African American or African born persons) patients. Linkage to a particular drug or regimen has been minimal but 3TC and FTC have often been in the regimens for my patients. In a variable number of patients switching the drugs around (often starting with a switch off 3TC or FTC) has seemed to help but often the situation remains perplexing without easy resolution. KH

HIV posive and want a baby
anger and atripla