side effects

I'm using trimune and everything was okay but i realised it removes fat from my legs, arms and face and deposits it to the stomach. This makes me look older than my age. I went to see a doctor and he told me this medicine cotains LAMIVUDINE, ZIDOVUDINE and another one which I don't remeber the name which might be a cause of my effect. He removed that third one and replaced it with EFAVIRENZ, but the effect is still there. Can you please advise me on how can i overcome this side effect and whether I can switch from this drug completely to another

To my knowledge Triomune containes stavudine, lamivudine, and nevirapine. For fat loss problems the component in Triomune most likely to be involved is the stavudine (not the nevirapine). Thus if possible I would recommend seeing if an alternative drugs (such as tenofovir or abacavir) to the stavudine is available in your area. Improvement can be very slow after such a switch. In some cases zidovudine can be used instead of the stavudine with some modest chance for improvement after that switch. Often a very frustrating problems for patients and clinicians. KH

Missing one dose
no side efficts