Hip and glut stiffness

I have a reoccuring problem with stiffness in my hip and upper area of my buttox...I have been to chiropractor and massage therapist... help some...Also went to my doctor and received steroids and muscle relaxors..This helped for a couple of weeks..I'm hiv positive and take Atripla daily..I do stretches and a very active person...Could this be some form of infection causing inflamination in my hip buttox area?...I believe its most likely Ankylosing Spondylitis...I take ibuprofen in the morning and evening...Do I need to be on something stronger?

Stiffness in hip regions is common in the general population and may be more common in HIV + patients (certainly as they are is seen more often). X-ray studies are usually pretty good at assessing for ankylosing spondylitis or aseptic necrosis of the hip which are two diagnostic possibilities. Getting a DEXA scan to look at bone densitiy and checking vitamin D levels may be useful. I often would refer to a rheumatologist for assessment of pain the regions you describe. Localized pain would be an unusal complication from the Atripla though in some patients the tenofovir could be contributing to bone problems. KH

Ketamine interaction
Can A Durable Regimen Be Crafted