|Grapefruit Seed Extract and Atripla
Oct 31, 2010
Is it okay to take grapefruit seed oil extract with Atripla?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Though there is concern about an interaction between protease inhibitors and grapefruit derivatives, use of grapefruit derivatives with efavirenz (in Atripla) is generally OK though would inform your primary HIV provider that you are taking it so that proper monitoring can be done. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Receptive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Licking Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Causative Agents Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- How Much Does It Cost For Std Testing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.