about blood presure and sustiva

hello Dr my partner was on regimens (sustiva,truvada)with cd4360 and undetectable,last month she got her new result cd4280 and undetectable.but she has been on this regimen for 2yrs now .so this month she underwent for haemorrhoid surgery.my question are, does her regimen cause her blood presure to decrease to 80/55.? why her cd4 shoud not increase hence she started with 220 2yrs ago? do will need to change the medication to viramune the cost is more cheaper here in thailand.my most concern was the blood presure rate.

Sustiva (efavirenz) has not been linked to significant changes in blood pressure (including low pressure). Slow CD4 recovery occurs in perhaps 15-20% of persons otherwise doing well on HIV medication for many reasons-situation is frustrating for patients and physicians. Nevirapine may be equally effective to efavirenz in many situations so a switch for cost concerns may be worth considering. I would not expect a switch to generally change blood pressure or CD4 count situation much for most patients. There remains a concern for uncommon butserious adverse reactions to nevirapine which needs to be considered and monitored for should a switch be attempted. KH

Sunbeds+hiv
found medicine to do with HIV in my boyfriends room