|What do I look for in Labs?
Oct 26, 2010
Was just recently diagnosed (yesterday) and had my Lab work done today. About 9 tubes?!?! What is it that i should be looking for when my results come back in and how often will i have to have these "labs"?
| Response from Dr. Henry
There is a whole section in the Body website for persons newly diagnosed HIV+ (http://www.thebody.com/content/art49985.html) which I recommend.
The key labs are the CD4 (T-helper) cell count (ideally > 350-500) and your HIV level (the lower the better). Blood work often repeated every 3-6 months depending on the situation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blisters After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Condom Popped Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Protected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Sharing Sex Toys Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.