|Should I wear a mask ?
Oct 19, 2010
Hello Dr's ,I was curious prior to coming out of the hospital with kidney failure,staph infection . some of the doctors and nurse said I should wear a mask, some say it don't matter. My t-cell are at 108. From hearing both sides i have no clue what I should do ? thanks
| Response from Dr. Henry
If your WBC, neutrophil count is very low then wearing a mask may be warranted but more often mask would be work by those taking care of you. Simply a low CD4 count is not an indication for needing to wear a mask. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Why Can't I Get Rid Of My Chlamydia?
- When Does The Rash Appear With Shingles?
- What Foods To Avoid If You Have Herpes?
- What Does It Mean If I Test Positive For Herpes Antibodies?
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
- What Age Group Does Genital Warts Affect The Most?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.