|will atripla be ineffective for me?
Oct 19, 2010
My partner and I are both poz. he has started ATRIPLA, we have unprotected sex. will I develop an immunity to ATRIPLA? Is there a chance of ATRIPLA residue in his semen? I had my first Increse in Tcell and reduction in Vload, the only thing different is he is on meds now!
| Response from Dr. Henry
If he achieves and maintains undetectable HIV levels on Atripla then unlikely that you would become infected with Atripla resistant virus. Safe sex is recommended to minimize superinfection or acquisition of other germs such as hep B/C/HPV/KS associated virus, GC, and syphilis. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Achy Balls After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.