isentress after viramune rash

I am a 54 year old woman diagnosed in 1999. I have been on meds since 2002 with undetectable VL and t cells over 600. I take Viramune and Truvada. For the past 4 years i have experienced a rash 2-4 times a year. It starts on my trunk and spreads up the neck, down to the groin, and sometimes on arms. It usually subsides in 24 hours. My doctor was able to examine it today and said it is a drug rash from Viramune. He recommends skipping a dose or 2 of Viramune and then switching to Isentress. I would like to know your thoughts thanks in advance for your help. Switching meds makes me really nervous

It would be unusual to develop a rash due to nevirapine if you have been doing well on a regimen containing nevirapine for years. That being said, if you have no history of drug failure/HIV resistance then switching nevirapine to raltegravir would be expected to often maintain good viral suppression and perhaps help clear a side effect attributable to nevirapine. KH

Viramune/Truvada and Alcohol or switch treatments?
hemorrhoid and cd4