CLOUDY URINE, ETC.

Hello Dr. The last 3 months I have been noticing cloudy urine with a pungent smell, hurts from time to time when I void. (however if I drink a large glass of water after experiencing that it seems to go away. Well, my ID nurse had me to give a urine sample and called me after that and said that they had done a Urine culture a found that I have Strep in my urine. Put me on Levaquin 500mg, for 7 days. Ask me to come by next week and possible do some blood cultures and a CBC. I am a long time survivor, low CD 10, 50 thousand VL. Waiting to be changed to Isentress, Trampvir (PI) and possibly the Tannox drug in the future. (I have never taken these 3 drugs before, that's why I need the tanox drug to give me a 3 drug cocktail) anyway... She did say normally one would not find Strep there, sometimes this means a infection somewhere else. What is your take on this.

Texas state of Mind

Genitourinary tract infections can originate in kidney, bladder, prostate or urethra in males so often a full evaluation is needed to pin down a likely source/cause. Numerous sexually transitted diseases can cause urine problems so specific evaluation for those may be warranted. HIV/AIDS per se is not highly associated with urinary tract infetions outside of situations discussed below or in following sentence. Some HIV Meds can cause kidney stones (such as indinavir or atazanavir) that can precipitate urinary tract problems. KH

is it safe to take a detox flush
Chronic Dry Cough