missed dose

ELLO DOC, I AM ON FIRST LINE OF MEDICINE AS PER INDIAN GOVERMENT HOSPITAL THAT IS ZIDOVUDINE 300mG + LAMIVUDINE 150mg + NEVIRAPINE 200mg. MY CD4 COUNT AS ON TODAY IS 450 BEFORE 6 MONTHS IT WAS 517. IS THIS CHANGE IS NORMAL OR HAVE TO BE TAKEN IN NOTICE AND NEEDS CARE. SECOUNDLY I WANT TO KNOW THAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY MY GOVERNMENT DOC THAT I HAVE TO TAKE THIS MEDICINE EXACTLY AFTER 12 HOURS FROM THE FIRST ONE, SO I TAKE AT ONE IN 10am AND SECOUND AT 10pm. I AM TAKING THIS FROM PAST 2 YEARS AND 10 MONTHS ON REGULAR BASIS COULD BE 10 TO 20 MINUTES HERE THERE ON 4 TO 5 OCCASIONS BUT YESTERDAY I SKIPED/MISSED MY MORNING TABLET DUE TO BUSY IN WORK DOES THIS MAKE ME RESISTANCE TO MY CURRENT MEDICINE. MAINLY I WANT TO KNOW THIS ABOUT FORGOTTEN OF SINGLE DOSE IN THIS PERIOD WILL ALSO MAKE ME RESISTANCE TO MEDICINE. AND ADVICE ME WHAT TO DO AS I AM BIT IN TENSE ABOUT THIS. GIVE SHORT GUIDE LINE FOR THIS MEDICINE HOW TO TAKE AND TIME LIMIT BETWEEN TWO DOSES.

Occasional missed doses or change in dosing interval are usually OK so in your situation unlikely to cause significant problem. CD4 count is highly variable (even in the same person in the same day or from day to day in HIV negative persons) so the fluctuation you describe generally would not be a cause for alarm-simple would keep monitoring and would expect further variation but increases as well in most situation. KH

Diarrhea - Atrilpla-Coeliac Disease
I want to enroll in your START program