Anal Polyp

I am a 30 year old male living in the USA. I have been hiv positive for 5 years, taken sustiva and truvada, now (atripla) this whole time. My numbers have been normal since taking the medication 5 years ago. I have also been taking nexium for chronic acid reflux for 7 years. I noticed blood in stool 2 months ago and an anal polyp that is very itchy that is 2 inches in size blocking half of my rectal hole. I havnet engaged in anal sex in 5 years. I know hemmoroids are common and this could be one. This has been ongoing for 2 months. Should I mention this to my doctor when i go back in a month or is this common among hiv positive patients or people in general.

You need to have an exam to see if that lesion is a polyp, hemorrhoid, internal wart, or condition. Anal cancer is a concern in HIV+ persons and need aggressive evaluation and treatment in order to improve outcomes. Would mention to your HIV doc for him/her to decide how to procede. KH

Should I start treatment?
Diarrhea - Atrilpla-Coeliac Disease