AIDS without medical treatment

My partner of two years has had full blown AIDS for over 3 years. He is refusing any form of treatment and he has already informed me that he has lived longer than he thought. I am trying my best to not inforce my own thoughts to his issue but I know if I will be here to support him I must remain strong and "aware" of whats going on. He tends to not tell me the whole picture of how he is feeling so I wont' worry. My question is, how long can he continue living this way? What signs should I look for? He already has MAJOR mood swings but I don't know if this is even related. I just don't want to come home to him "gone". I've looked all over for details of signs/symptoms that would give me a clue. This is hard enough for me to deal with but I feel I can not give up on him now. I just want to be prepared for what I'm in for. I also do not want to be held responsible for him refusing treatment and knowing about it and doing nothing. What or where should I look to prepare myself for what is to come? How much longer could I expect this to go on and how could I help him?

Survival after development of clinical AIDS is quite variable from weeks/months to many years depending on many specific factors so no general answer can suffice. having your partner see a good, friendly HIV specialist and mental health therapist would be recommended to try and help out as much as possible. KH

Raltegravir- weight gain
Help im 18 perinatally infected with lipodystrophy, looking for options