Loud heart beat

I've been on Combivir (efavirenz,Zidovudine & Lamivudine) for 9 months but this started giving me nerve problem. My doctor told me to switch to Altripla and I've been on it for two weeks now. The first week all was well but since Sunday my heart is thumping so loudly I can hardly sleep. Is it a result of the Altripla and will this eventully go back to normal. I'm worried.

Heart problems from the drugs alone (including rhythm issues) would be very unlikely when switching from Combivir to Truvada. Heart problems are common in the general population so if persistent or more symptoms develop you should have that evaluated promptly. Sensation of thumping in chest can occur from stress, caffeine, and many non-HIV related conditions as well. KH

Re: How bad is Isentress
Raltegravir- weight gain